Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Shocked...but not..agencies? Love thy neighbor THE FRONT LINES....

 

Mom( my wife) feeding out goulash!

 

PSALMS 91

 

1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. 2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.

3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.5 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.8 Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.9 Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.12 They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.13 Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.14 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name. 15 He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him. 16 With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.

 

Greetings,

 

Ok today is Tuesday and you folks know that today was feeding day…when I went to bed last night I was unsure what or how we were going to care for the people. I got up feeling that maybe we should not go so I asked my wife she said it was up to me of course but to follow what my spirit was telling me…clearly I thought well could just stay hoem in our little town and be safe no one would condemn me…it just did not feel right so off we went not wondering what we would encounter!

 

About the time we were picking up our doughnut donation I received a text that as they put it " are you guys going to be open because everyplace is closed!" meaning that the homeless went to in the day time and evening to eat and etc…

 

So by now we had decided to feed sandwiches out the back door in the courtyard because our place inside is always packed wall to wall and guidelines said do not do that, so we decided on brown sacks which we would put egg sandwiches and donuts in…we also gave them iced tea…we also had leftover goulash from Friday so out it went..

 

We handed out bags with toilet paper, soap, and other hygiene items…(people fighting over toilet paper and we were giving it away)

 

Here are two face book live video's we did today…

 

Mom (my wife)

https://www.facebook.com/pastor.catlin/videos/10222550854388577/

 

Out side

https://www.facebook.com/pastor.catlin/videos/10222550016807638/

 

When we arrived there were many waiting on us, they were exited we made it but I had to break the news I could not let them in…most were already upset because I soon found out for sure other places were closing even the overflow shelter…(I never called them to double check but others said the same thing)

 

The family that brings us eggs once a month said there were none to be had…so we are down to enough eggs for Friday period…we recived a $50 dontion because someone saw our live video on facebook (shock facebook people mostly never ever donate) so after we had to go hunt bread because we are down to two and a half loaves…not enough for Friday..

Walmart had a two loaf limit until my wife went and hunted up a manger, so we secured 20 loaves for the Mission Church..a few other thinsg also so it wasa very blessed and needed donation so we are now set for Friday! ( well we still need some other things like gas to get there and back, but in almost 20 years the FATHER has never ever let us down, all by faith)

 

We plan on doing this feeding and giving clear though unless they shut us out of Wichita, I really need to get our mail out newsletter out to our list but have no ink for the printer! Yes of course we are broke as mostly normal but we are alive and doing the FATHER'S work…and guess what it was not the sandwiches that matterd but the feeling of the folks who said no one cared that everyone just closed and went hoem to their nice warm houses not caring what happened to them…it made them feel someone cared and we do because the FATHER does…unto the least of these..

 

We also are behind on radio air-time…

 

Please pray for our health…

 

 

Lift us in prayer, help if you can

 

 

In HIS Perfect Peace,

 

Pastor Dan Catlin

 

 

Main donation page

http://messiahsbranch.org/donate/

 

National Satellite and Live on Net Worldwide

http://www.prophecyhour.com/p/listen-to-radio-programs-here.html

 

Pod-cast Archives (webcast) RSS feed

http://branch.podomatic.com/

 

Breaking News and Radio Blog

http://www.prophecyhour.com/

 

Mission Church: Homeless & Poor Ministry

http://www.wichitahomeless.com/

 

Donations and Contact

http://www.prophecyhour.com/p/contact-information-and-usful-items.html

 

Mailing address

230 west 4th street, Florence, KS 66851

 

Phone 316-619-4886